M2M Zone Conference @ CTIA 2014
IoT Delivers Results via Cars or Wearables
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
11:00 am - 3:45 pm
Room San Polo 3403
Sands Convention Center
Las Vegas, NV
Session 1: 11:15 am - 12:30 pm
M2M/IoT Platform as a Service (PaaS): Towards Plug and Play
Carriers, software developers, and hardware makers are increasingly offering M2M platform services designed to get solutions to market more cost effectively, more quickly and at reduced risk. This session will examine what these services offer, and what results to expect.
- Case Studies: what impact are these services having on IoT roll-outs?
- IoT startup incubators take the "packaged infrastructure" concept a big step further. What are the implications of this?
Moderator: Robin Duke-Woolley, Founder & CEO, Beecham Research
Andrew Brown, Executive Dir.- Enterprise Research, Strategy Analytics
Mobeen Khan, Executive Director, Advanced Mobility Solutions, AT&T
Joel Schroeder, Director, Strategic Development M2M and New L-Band, Inmarsat
Fred Yentz, President / CEO, ILS Technology (a Telit Company)
Session 2: 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
The Connected Car Doesn't Brake for Glass Ceilings
The automotive telematics market is one of the most mature in the M2M/IoT ecosystem - or is it? Competing operating systems, next-gen cellular networks, and new initiatives for two-way communication could all help to produce profound growth in the coming years.
- An update on the state of automotive operating systems.
- How 4G could affect the future of telematics well beyond infotainment.
- Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V), Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I) – the car talks back?
Moderator: Mark Fitzgerald, Associate Director, Automotive Electronics, Strategy Analytics
Larry Zibrik, VP, Market Development, Sierra Wireless
Session 3: 2:25 pm - 3:40 pm
The Healthcare Sector Tries Wearables on for Size
Expected by some to be a $30 billion industry by 2018, there’s a lot more to wearable technologies for health and wellness than just eyeglasses and armbands. Wearables are already improving patient/doctor interaction, diagnosis, and outcomes.
- The outlook for wearable and embedded devices in the medical/wellness market in the immediate future.
- Technology platforms that are making telemedicine happen.
- Next wave embedded: ingestibles and implantables.
Moderator: Andy Castonguay, Principal Analyst, Machina Research
Vijay Kannan, Director, Vertical Solution Marketing, Aeris Communications, Inc.
Alex Brisbourne, President and COO, KORE
George Sun, V.P. Business Development, Synapse Wireless
3:45 pm - 4:15 pm
Analyst Roundtable on M2M Trends
The best-known analysts in the industry make their predictions for the M2M market moving forward.
*Conference content is subject to change
Conference Sponsorships are very limited - Book yours today!